Parenting is hard! When times are challenging, parents need resources to guide the journey to a happy and peaceful home, whether you are parenting an infant, toddler, young child or teenager. The following resources may be a valuable addition to your parenting library. For additional information, or guidance on how to implement into your daily parenting, contact Teresa today for a tailored coaching package that targets your family’s unique needs.
Below are some tried and true resources on child development and parenting:
- The 5 Love Languages for Children by Gary Chapman and Ross Chapman
- How to Talk So Kids Will Listen & Listen So Kids Will Talk by Adele Faber and Elaine Mazlish
- The Whole-Brained Child: 12 Revolutionary Strategies to Nurture Your Child’s Developing Mind by Daniel Siegel and Tina Bryson
- Brainstorm: The Power and Purpose of the Teenage Brain by Daniel Siegel
- Parenting from the Inside Out by Daniel Siegel and Mary Hartzell
- The New Strong Willed Child by Dr. James Dobson
- Love and Logic Magic for Early Childhood: Birth to Six Years by Jim Fay and Charles Fay, Ph.D.
- The Explosive Child: A New Approach for Understanding and Parenting Easily Frustrated,
- Chronically Inflexible Children by Ross Greene
- The Happiest Toddler on the Block: How to Eliminate Tantrums and Raise a Patient, Respectful and Cooperative Child by Harvey Karp
- Raising Your Spirited Child by Mary Sheedy Kurcinka
- The Power of Positive Parenting: A Wonderful Way to Raise Children by Glenn L. Latham
- ScreamFree Parenting: The Revolutionary Approach to Raising your Kids by Keeping Your Cool by Hal Edward Runkel
Please do not hesitate to call if you are having difficulty managing your emotions or navigating relationships, have difficulty managing your child’s behavior, or you are concerned about your child’s emotions. To schedule an initial consultation, contact Teresa.