New Moms Support Group
Facilitated by Kasey Ashcraft, LPC, NCC
Meets: Day/Time TBD
Northland Office: 8350 N St Clair, Kansas City, MO 64151
This is a nonjudgemental and supportive group for new moms to discuss, learn and explore all things perinatal and postpartum. The New Moms Support Group is a safe place to find validation, explore difficult feelings and experiences, understand perinatal and postpartum mood disorders (anxiety, depression, OCD), as well as skills to manage daily stressors and relationship difficulties.
You do not have to do this alone. Finding a supportive group of other new moms to break free from the myths of new parenting, and authentically conquer your challenges and fears. In this group, you can connect with other new moms, discuss the physical and emotional changes that new parenthood brings and discover resources and experience support.
We meet bi-weekly for one hour sessions, and will provide guidance and support on the following topics:
- Understanding Perinatal Mental Health – and preparing self for the arrival of the new baby
- Developing an understanding of parenting – how you were parented and how you want to parent
- Responding to your emotional needs as a new parent
- Frustration, Exhaustion, Irritability, Anger (whether at yourself, your partner, or your children)
- How to care for your relationship with your partner, and vice versa, and developing effective co-parenting strategies
- Fostering attachment and connection with your new baby