We understand conflict. We understand healing. We understand relationships.
You and your partner started out your relationship with enjoying each other, relying on each other and looking to each other to fulfill your needs. Over time, things change, life gets busy, demands increase and children, or other family members or jobs, take more of our time. You have spent time building your life together, but now, it does not feel as easy as it did in the beginning. You feel like roommates. You have trouble communicating with each other. You feel a lack of trust. You are growing apart, and maybe even thinking about ending things. Now is the time to seek support and guidance in couples and relationship counseling.
You feel exhausted. You have tried to overcome your challenges in the relationship just to discover that it is not getting any better. Our couples and relationship counselors are experienced and trained in specific approaches to help you gain insight into your relationship, resolve conflict, improve your relationship and your relationship satisfaction. Don’t do this alone. We are here for you.
The Couples and Relationship Counseling Process
The couples and relationship counseling process involves a standard interview to obtain information regarding the history of the relationship, and will include some exploration into each partner’s family of origin and values. Oftentimes, different assessments may be used to help facilitate goal setting. The first session may also include crisis intervention, if necessary. Our couples and relationship counselors partner with you to identify goals, and to set measurable objectives to improve your relationship. The couples and relationship counseling process requires active participation from the couple, as well as the therapists. The duration of your therapy will depend on your goals, and your participation throughout the process.
You will gain insight into the dynamics that are maintaining the issue, as well as explore and understand each partner’s individual role in the dysfunctional interactions. Although gaining this insight is important, the couple will also learn ways to challenge and change behaviors to improve interaction patterns and increase the level of satisfaction in the relationship.
Reasons couples and partners seek counseling:
- You want to reconnect with your best friend again. Renew your friendship and rekindle your romance. Do not wait until things are miserable before reaching out to an experienced counselor to help you find lasting change, and fulfillment in your relationship.
- Improve communication and change destructive patterns. Learn new ways to communicate so that both of you are heard and understood, break through the same old argument, find new ways to manage deep feelings together.
- Learn to parent together, when you come from very different backgrounds. Find ways to parent how your child needs to be parented, and how to implement effective consequences that keep the family balanced, and get out of the manipulation pattern of pitting one parent against the other…find your parenting on the same team!
- Heal from infidelity. Learn how to work through the pain of betrayal, and rebuild trust in your relationship. Infidelity does not have to be the end of your relationship. Seek counseling not only for yourself, but also for your relationship.
You are not alone. We are here to help you find the love you used to feel. We are here to help you heal, trust, find intimate balance and the relationship satisfaction that you desire.
Our couples and relationship Counselors:
- Anna Rizzi, MA, LCPC
- Lauren Wood, LCSW
- Jimmarie Stinson, MA, LPC, PLPC, CPT
- Ashley Cross, MA, PLPC
- Kasey Ashcraft, LPC
Connect with one of our experienced and trained couples counselors to find the lasting change to fulfillment in your relationship today!