We love teens!
Our experienced and awesome teen counselors provide a neutral, accepting and non-judgmental space for your teen to help them better think through their problems, and ultimately learn new ways to cope with stress and solve problems. They tell us that they feel better when they achieve their goals and feel less stuck, better understood and not judged.
Teens face a multitude of issues that they may not necessarily know how to navigate without the support and guidance of an experienced professional.
Depression. Anxiety. Substance Use or Abuse. Bullying. Performance and Academic Expectations. Sexuality. Social Media.
Our teen counselors get teens.
Not only do teens trust us, but we truly enjoy listening to what is bothering them, talking and connecting to help them overcome their challenges, and grow. Oftentimes, a teen will take some time to warm up, and open up, but when they do, they have a lot to say, and we are here to be that safe place for them!
Although we bring our expertise, education and continued education into the counseling room with your teen, we do believe that they are the expert on their own world. We connect our ability, along with their expertise on themselves, and their family values, to navigate the healing and growth you are desiring.
Wondering if you should consider counseling for your teen?
It might be the right choice for your teen, if you have noticed any of the following.
- Unexplained change in academic performance or motivation with school (including school refusal)
- Difficulty getting along with peers, teachers or coaches, including increased tension and arguments
- Increasing anger, irritability and disrespect
- Social and emotional isolation
- Signs of experimentation with drugs, alcohol and/or sex
Nearly all teens benefit from therapy, no matter what brings them to counseling. When teens feel better, the family feels better…and functions better.
Our teen counselors.
- Chadrick Miller, LMSW
- Nicolette Rogers, MS, LPC, NCC
- Kasey Ashcraft, MA, LPC, NCC
- Candice Jenkins, MA, PLPC
- Ashley Cross, MA, PLPC
- Jimmarie Smiley, LPC, CPT
- Samantha Harris, MA, PLPC
- Samantha Trujillo, LMSW
- Kaitlyn Sampson, MA, PLPC
- Sade Tyler, LPC, PLPC
- Lauren Wood, LSCSW
- Teresa Paterson Bartch LPC, LCPC, RPT-S
Connect with a teen counselor today and find the support and guidance your teen needs, and your family needs. We look forward to connecting with you!