Carri Kasick, Life Coach
Carri has worked with children and families for over 25 years, dedicating herself to providing innovative opportunities, resources, advocacy, and interventions for all young children and their families. She observes developmental differences early, helps families become advocates, designs effective & innovative intervention plans, connects & builds relationships, targets pivotal challenges, and guides children and families into their own journey with success.
Early in her career, Carri guided young children in Early Childhood Special Education classrooms and developed educational plans for success. While forming bonds with these families along the way, she provided support, strategies, and resources to help caregivers learn to cope with challenging events. She has had experience in a pediatric hospital by supporting young children with special rights have their continued intervention simultaneously with their hospitalization. Her experience in joining families in their journey of parenting has been the driving force for transitioning into coaching families with all child development events. Carri’s passion for early identification of ASD and acting early for all children was her “why” for launching her private practice, CKLLC in 2013.
Carri’s foundation was established at Iowa State University with her undergraduate degree in the Human Development and Family Studies with an emphasis in teaching Early Childhood Special Education. In 2005, Carri earned her Master’s of Arts degree in Special Education with an emphasis in Autism at Kansas University. Her experiences have blessed her in public school systems, a pediatric hospital, private home therapy, collegiate instruction, and outdoor/community settings. Carri currently is building her dream and legacy with her own Early Autism Intervention practice, Carri Kasick, LLC. (CKLLC).
Most of Carri’s practice is rooted in a developmental & strengths based model. She is intentional, purposeful, and mindful to observe the dynamics and relationships children and their caregivers form. She guides and facilitates the family to believe in themselves and foster quality care, abilities to learn, celebrating growth, and continuing to stay true to their own individual stories.
Services provided by Carri:
- Child Development Guidance for Caregivers by listening, observing, and validating caregiver’s questions regarding their infant/toddlers development
- Educational consultation by providing classroom observations, and interpretations provided to the parents of the child, as well as the classroom teachers and administration to enhance the child’s learning environment and success.
- Family Coaching; providing expertise and guidance to families & caregivers facing difficult events involving young children; Challenging behaviors, Coping with emotional events, Understanding Developmental differences, Sibling relationships, Inclusion, and
- Personal Coaching to Understanding your Parenting Style; your role, responses, and reciprocal relationship to your children
- Mindfulness and Intention towards Caring for all Caregivers
- Parenting a Child with Special Rights
- Parenting for Optimal Brain Development
Carri’s life experiences have been in waves of “seasons” for each life journey. She currently is married and they are parenting their 12 year old son. She has empathy and feels for others sharing their own experiences with infertility, adoption, cancer, divorce, and children with special rights.
Carri’s ideal client is a family who is dedicated to the process and enjoys growth and development. This client is motivated, curious to explore new information, open to trusting a process, and available for feeling vulnerable with “failing forward” into their own version of success.