Teresa Paterson, LPC, LCPC, RPT
Teresa Paterson, LPC, LCPC, RPT, CCTP
Do you find your family having difficulty communicating or in never ending conflict in your relationship? Are you concerned about your child’s development or emotional well-being? Is your child or teen’s behavior negatively dominating your family’s daily life? Has your child or teen experienced a traumatic event that is difficult to understand or handle? Often, life and family stress can become so overwhelming that they affect the physical, emotional and relational health and wellbeing of everyone in the family. You, your child or teen, or your family may benefit from counseling. Teresa enjoys teen therapy, Play Therapy and providing parent sessions to help parents understand their child or teen and their behaviors. Together we can find hope in the midst of the challenge.
Teresa is passionate about creating an empathetic and authentic relationship with each individual and family, while providing parents with the tools and resources necessary to provide a more functional family environment. With over 25 years of experience working with children and families, she has developed expertise helping individuals overcome the adversities they have faced to find hope and joy once again, including peace and harmony in parent-child interactions, relationship satisfaction and improved family enjoyment.
As a client-centered attachment-focused clinician, she is committed to empowering children and families to embrace their fullest potential, embracing mind, body and spirit. In her practice, Teresa utilizes evidence based treatments, and approaches therapy with a trauma-informed systemic lens, paying attention to every aspect of an individual’s life to partner with you to navigate wellness. Online therapy can be an option to meet the demands of your busy schedule.
She received her Bachelor’s Degree in Child Development from Fort Hays State University, and a Master’s Degree from the University of Missouri at Kansas City in Guidance and Counseling, with an emphasis in child and family.
- Play Therapy from Mid-America Nazarene University
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional (Internal Family Systems)
- Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TF-CBT) through the National Child Traumatic Stress Network
- Autism Specialist Certification from the University of Kansas
Teresa has been featured on local media as an expert in attachment parenting and providing engaging experiences for optimal child development.
To find out more about booking Teresa for a consultation or presentation, including speaking engagements, email at email@example.com.
Additional Services Available
- Online Therapy – Teresa also offers therapy and counseling through video, email and phone, for adults with busy schedules, through a confidential and secure platform
- Education Consultation, Classroom Observations help identify academic and social challenges children face at school (preschool and elementary schools)
- Co-Parenting Packages – relevant and practical support to establish positive and consistent parenting for your child(ren) through separation, divorce and families who live in separate homes
Teresa is not currently scheduling new clients. To find out more about how to schedule when availability opens up, please call Sydney at (913)257-3161.